Love Stories and Private Portrait Commissions
“Fine-art photographer Richard Israel defines the concept of timeless wedding photography in the modern world. With a uniquely vintage touch and a love for black and white film, he echoes the great Magnum photographers of the 1950’s and 60’s, and turns memorable moments into works of art
- Blair deLaubenfels - Junebug Weddings Co-Founder, Rangefinder Magazine Contributor
Born and raised in London, England and at home in Charlotte, NC, I have always been a romantic at heart. I am drawn to sentimental moments, gorgeous atmospheres, and beautiful light. My work is frequently described as fashionable, timeless and emotive, but to me my photographs are simply reflections of the marriage of life and art that is always present around me. I have a passion for film, antique cameras, and handmade prints, and I’m compelled by an inextinguishable pursuit for meaningful photography and the artful life. If you’re looking for lush, heirloom wedding photos or unique editorial images that will stand the test of time, I would love to be your photographer.
Please contact me for a complete list of my popular wedding packages and a la carte options including bridal portraits, engagement sessions, and vintage Super 8 wedding films created in collaboration with leading cinematographer Timm Young.
weddings / portraits / wedding films email@example.com - p. 704-890-7500
black and white portraiture: portraitprovocateur.com
All content © 2019 Richard Israel. All rights reserved
a few random facts about me
- I have a beautiful wife who's way out of my league.
- I have 3 beautiful doting daughters.
- My 6lb Chi-Poo Lucy is my best fiend.
- I was born in east London.
- Grew up in north London
- English food is still my favourite food.
- In my opinon London is the most exciting vibrant city in the world today.
- In my opinion Charlotte has a lot.
- I cut hair at Vidal Sassoon for 20yrs.
- I'm obsessed with photography.
- I love all things analogue.
- I love to shoot with my vintage and antique cameras and lenses.
- I also love my Nikon digital kit.
- I'm obsessed with timepieces.
- I love working with interesting and interested people.
- I gave a TED Talk.
- I have spoken at many prestigious photography conferences.
- I've been featured in lots of magazines and blogs.
- I love to listen.
- I love to talk.
- I'm a pretty decent cook.
- I believe style is more enduring than trends.
- I believe weddings are all about the people.
- I believe portraits are all about the people.